Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Give Me Liberty

The day before the 4th of July holiday weekend - uh, of course I have to dress up and show my love for America! I mean, does it matter that I'm the only one in the whole office decked out in red, white, & blue, and three days early, at that? Of course not! America's awesome, people. George Washington was totally the man.

I promise the red stripes were a coincidence, though (and no, I didn't count out that there were thirteen. And white stars on a navy jacket would have been totally tacky. Seriously). The tank top is from a sweater set that my very fashionable aunt gave me, and it's made of this glorious stretchy summer-friendly material. It looks very Parisian vintage bathing suit chic, no? (I mean, the French supported the Americans in the revolution, right? So this is totally legit.) I think everything with red/white stripes is so Parisian - love it. I threw on a cropped navy jacket with oversized buttons for my "blue" - though my navy cardigan would have worked just as well. I like where this jacket hits - right at my waist, as it tops off pencil skirts quite nicely! With a boxy jacket such as this, avoid full skirts or pants. The boxy cut itself is a bit wider and shapeless, so make sure that your skirt or pants are well-defined - otherwise, your body will get lost underneath all that shapelessness! A well-planned touch of boxy, though, can be just the thing to offset some more curve-hugging pieces, so you can draw people's attention to just one area - after all, an ADD admirer is no admirer at all.

My red-toned metallic flats topped off the patriotic look! Yay America!

Tank top: hand-me-down (aunt's: Anne Klein) | Skirt: Banana Republic | Jacket: New York & Company | Flats: J. Crew | Bag: Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment