Thursday, June 23, 2011

Snow White

Another neutral-tone outfit! This is one of my favorite dresses because it's both elegant and comfortable. It has a beautiful tulle overlay to the ribboning at the top, making for an interesting neckline without being revealing or extravagant. The dress itself is a darker tan color, almost a faded metallic gray-brown (does that exist?). Because it was a darker shade with some highlights at the neckline and the waistline with the ribboning, I was able to pair it with a lighter neutral cardigan. The different variations on the same theme provide for a cohesive ensemble. I also could have paired with this dress the navy cardigan from two posts prior, with the solid navy offsetting the calm neutral of the dress. However, by keeping it to earthy colors, I was able to make the outfit pop with one key accessory. This accessory could be anything, really - special earrings or maybe a bright bracelet (in this instance, I wouldn't recommend a complicated necklace, just because the neckline is already pretty intricate). In my case, I went with a bright red headband. It's understated enough that it goes with the simple cut of the dress and the cardigan, but the bright pop of color adds freshness. Additionally, the dress itself (and the ribboning) has some very subtle red undertones, and this headband is able to play it up. I ultimately paired it with my reddish-brown metallic J. Crew flats that I've worn in many previous posts (not pictured here) for what was an extremely hassle-free outfit!

Dress: AnnTaylor Loft | Cardigan: AnnTaylor Loft | Headband: Express

No comments:

Post a Comment